Friday, March 7, 2008

Pujols needs reconstructive-Tommy John surgery

Albert Pujols does in fact have an elbow tear, which I referenced to here. The doctors are saying that he has a “high-grade tear” of an elbow ligament, and that he will need reconstructive surgery, but not at this point. They are saying that he may need Tommy John to rebuild the elbow.


At this point in time, I think he should just get it down for a couple of reasons. I think that the Cardinals will be good this year, but I doubt that they are going to have a chance to make the playoffs this season. I would rather see him have surgery this year, and get ready for next year when our younger players have another year of experience, and when our starters are fully healed. This would also aloud Duncan to slide over to first, which would allow 5 other OFers to make the roster. This would also enable Duncan’s trade value to go up by playing first for a year. Obviously you don’t want to throw the season away, but if it’s the difference between Pujols coming back early in ’09 from Tommy John or having enough time to rest, I would take the latter…..


The Purple Iguana

No comments: